Friday, March 12, 2010

Why India?

Why India?

The decision to go to India started last summer, in 2009. India has always been a country that I have wanted to travel to and it has always been a desire of mine to teach in an orphanage. I started by getting contacts from a friend who had been to India a few months prior. Through her I was able to collect names and email of people connected with ministries that could help me get linked up with what I was looking to do. After sending out a few emails I had an orphanage to teach at and a place to live, it all happened very quickly in a matter of about a month.

I knew that after I graduated in December of 2009 I wanted to do something other than just substitute teach while I looked for teaching jobs for the fall. I wanted to be able to use what I had spent the past 5 years learning and my wealth of experience of world travel and ministry to be able to help others. So instead of staying at home and making money substitute teaching I decided to volunteer to teach for free.

Using what I know and have learned to help others grow is a driving passion of mine, I also want to be able to empower the staff that are not trained teachers to gain the necessary knowledge they need to teach their kids.

Hence the name...Know >> Grow >> Empower

1 comment:

  1. This is all so amazing! You are a truly talented person. Those children are so fortunate to have the opportunity to learn from you. You're an all around good person with much talent. It was a blessing to have you be a part of Aubrey's academic growth this year. She absolutely adored you! You have a lot to offer both the children and the teachers. We wish the you best.

    Two thumbs up from the Wauford family!

    ReplyDelete