Friday, March 12, 2010

Where Will I Be? What Will I Be Doing?














I will be living in Banglaore, India which is in the state of Karnataka for the months of March, April and May. While there I will be living at the orphanage that I will be teaching at. The orphanage is comprised of 30 kids ages 5-8, most orphaned because of religious persecution in Orissia (Northern India) where most of their parents were martyred. 

My main role will be improving the kids reading, writing and speaking of English to help prepare them for the school year starting in June. Currently they are not in school and many of them are still not near where they need to be for starting school. The school they will be attending they will learn and be taught in English only and their native dialect will not be used at all, thus it is imperative for them to be at an emergent language stage for kindergarden and a fluent language stage for every other grade. In addition to developing English literacy I will also be teaching Math, Science, Social Studies, Health and Bible Classes for the kids. 


No comments:

Post a Comment